Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Poem # 5

Here's another poem written during one of my childood summer hols. No doubt, I used to love my vacations with 10 cousins around in my granny's home at Magaral, a village near Kanchipuram,India. Still the fact that "grass is always greener on the other side" took over me for while, when I wrote this poem.

Tiring Vacations

With a spirit for exams, I start.
Holiday in mind apart.
With all enthusiasm,
I study geotropism and all the other -ism.

Soon they are finished,
Of which which I was really bored.
Then I go looking for a way
To have some great play.

With hope
I grope
Only to find a rope
Tied around my hope.

I was bound in my house
Just like a hand in a pair of gloves.
Oh! I am tired of these.
Let me schooling please.

1 Comments:

Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

It is a realistic poem.

God bless.

1/12/2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter